Torrens vs. Abstract Property in Minnesota img

Torrens vs. Abstract Property in Minnesota

calender icon 8/2/2022    poster icon  Mark Goodman

In any Minnesota commercial real estate transaction it’s important to know what type of property you’re dealing with. But how do you know if your real estate transaction involves Torrens or Abstract property?

County Recorder vs. Registrar of Titles

The Registrar of Titles is the government official in charge of accepting and filing documents for Torrens property. The County Recorder handles abstract property. A recording stamp on a document would alert you to which system your property is of by the title of the government official.  It’s essential to know whether your property is Torrens or Abstract because if you’re filing a conveyance or any kind of document that’s going to affect the property, that has to be filed in the proper recording office.

Commercial Partners Title

If you have any questions about dealing with abstract or torrens property in Minnesota, contact Commercial Partners Title today. Our team of professionals have been providing title insurance services to clients throughout the state of Minnesota for decades. We have the knowledge and experience to ensure your commercial transaction is successful. Contact us today to learn more about the extent of our services and see how we can help with your next commercial real estate transaction.